Newbie from İstanbul

arman

Hi Everyone

I came across this website during my usual searches on internet.I am a designer goldsmith and a wax carver I have started wax carving as away of getting out of the rigidity of metal in my apprentice years and I have been doing it since.

During past twenty years I have seen and admired all other different diciplines of carving from netsuke to carvings of west coast Haida .

Over the years I have developed a very figurative and sculptural style in my jewellery design due to my keeness to carving and sculpture.

I have studied a jewellery design course in England and worked in one of London's leading jewellery designer's workshop as wax carver and a goldsmith for ten years.

Over my stay in England I had the chance to see the great carving works of japanese netsuke masters in museums and got hooked on all things japanese particularly metal work.

I am really happy to see that such website exists and get to meet to people with same interests.

Best regards to all

Arman

post-2092-1236793893.jpg

Welcome Arman. You have a very interesting history and experience. Great dragon!

Can you tell us what metal it is and how you got the lovely color?

I should say also that the photo is much too big, as sizes have to be limited per the pinned instructions in the Photography menu. Otherwise the software will become slow. Thanks.

Thanks

Jim

Welcome Arman. You have a very interesting history and experience. Great dragon!

Can you tell us what metal it is and how you got the lovely color?

I should say also that the photo is much too big, as sizes have to be limited per the pinned instructions in the Photography menu. Otherwise the software will become slow. Thanks.

Thanks

Jim

Thank you very much Jim

The dragon was carved in wax and then cast in bronz then it was patinated but I cant remember exactly the formula of the chemichal used by the person who did the coloring,fallowing the patination I have polished the highlights and the details that I wanted and finally fixed it with wax.

I would also take this opportunity express my admiration to your work they are truly sublime.

I appologize for the image size.

Thanks

Arman

Thank you very much Jim

The dragon was carved in wax and then cast in bronz then it was patinated but I cant remember exactly the formula of the chemichal used by the person who did the coloring,fallowing the patination I have polished the highlights and the details that I wanted and finally fixed it with wax.

I would also take this opportunity express my admiration to your work they are truly sublime.

I appologize for the image size.

Thanks

Arman

Thanks very much Arman.

No need to apologize. I did take the liberty of resizing your photo.

Again, welcome. We'll look forward to seeing more of your work.

Jim

Archived