Dante Lopez

Hi, I am so glad to join you. This is my first post and I will like to show you a couple of pictures of my work. All comments are welcome! I would like to reach the quality of detail on the carvings of Mrs. Jaconson, Natasha or Oleg but on jade (I love their work!). As the materials we use have different nature, all hints and ideas are helpful.

Size of Chamaleon: 6 6/8” long x 1 4/8” tall and 1” wide.

post-1637-1242672952.jpg

Size of the Fairy (including the wings): 5" long by 2 1/4" tall.

post-2-1242769072.jpg

Dante

Hi, the material is JADEITE, this color in particular is known as light Green Apple Jadeite. Tough material to work with! But it is my passion.

I am working on a silver branch for it to stand but for a quick picture I used a natural branch and I also like the way it looks on the natural but it wouldn hold the weight of the piece for a long time.

I am also finishing the skull, I will post some pictures as soon as I finish.

This is another new pice I just finished, the material is Jadeite as well, ICE Jadeite and it is only 7/8" tall. Let me know all your comments!

Dante

post-1637-1242932631.jpg

Thank you so much!

I love your work, what a mastery on your hands for the chisel and other techniques!

What is the difference in the Cameo carving techinque by hand and the techiques you use?

Have you seen those techniques used on Jade?

Let me show you some pictures of my cameos, I would appreciate very much if you can tell me all your comments.. god and bad so I can perfect my work.

Dante

post-1637-1243014242.jpg

post-1637-1243014254.jpg

post-1637-1243014368.jpg

post-1637-1243014382.jpg

post-1637-1243014400.jpg

post-1637-1243014486.jpg

Dante:

I'm a huge fan of your work. I also carve gemstones, bone, tongua nut and tusk. I've been following your work for a couple of years. I joined this forum around February 5, go to Who's Who to look at the photo I posted. I do not know how to link the post to this email, sorry.

I've visited your website a number of times to see what you are up to. It's nice to see you and your work here.

Debbie K.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Debby, sorry for taking some time to write back... I feel honored for your comments, thank you!

Your work is very good too, I am impressed with your different material combinations... I t would be very nice to see posts of your new pieces!

Dante

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Debby, sorry for taking some time to write back... I feel honored for your comments, thank you!

Your work is very good too, I am impressed with your different material combinations... I t would be very nice to see posts of your new pieces!

Dante

Dante:

Posted 3 pictures on "New Work Show & Tell", go look.

Debbie K

Thank you so much!

I love your work, what a mastery on your hands for the chisel and other techniques!

What is the difference in the Cameo carving techinque by hand and the techiques you use?

Have you seen those techniques used on Jade?

Let me show you some pictures of my cameos, I would appreciate very much if you can tell me all your comments.. god and bad so I can perfect my work.

Dante

Dante, I'm sorry, I missed this last month! ;)

I'm not so familiar with cameo carving but it seems to be so similar to other materials such as very hard wood and ivory and certain metalworking burin carving and scraping processes. It doesn't seem that you need any technical improvement!

Jade, of course, as you know is different, being too hard for steel tools. I'm more fond of the sharp, crisp detail possible in metal and shell. A matter of taste.

Please continue with your beautiful efforts.

jim

Archived