Carvers Helping Carvers

Janel

Smoky Mountain Woodcarvers web site http://www.woodcarvers.com/index.htm

This web site was brought to my attention this evening. I like the description of "Carvers Helping Carvers". That rings a bell . . .

There are interesting and helpful pages, one very detailed description about sharpening tools, and another page as a resource for tools and materials and classes being offered for those interested in carving.

We are a diverse group, and through posting our written contributions to this forum, we encourage others to explore beyond their own experiences. The Smoky Mountain Woodcarvers web site also encourages and educates carvers.

Janel

Chris Pye-Wood Carving http://www.chrispye-woodcarving.com

I came across Chris's web site about the time TCP went on line as a forum. Chris generously made mention of our new forum in his monthly newsletter.

This is Chris's description:

"I'm Chris Pye. I've been a professional woodcarver, author and teacher of woodcarving for over 25 years, and am an associate member of the Master Carvers Association.

I bring my enthusiasm, experience and knowledge of carving to this web site: helping you learn to carve, or develop good, competent woodcarving skills. I want to support your carving path and progress, and rejoice in the beautiful carvings you can create."

This web site makes available a great amount of information about carving, and carvers. (Yes, I know, the carvings and tools are not all small scale, but there is much we can extrapolate and adjust for our own scale of carving.)

Janel

Members, please feel welcome to add similar sites to this topic which reflect, in a helpful and educational way, the diversity of our membership's choices of media and style.

I like to learn!

Janel

Archived