Bluesman on board

iambluesman

Hi all,

My name is Drew, I am a musician and love the blues. I also dive for jade on the central coast and love blue Jade. I have been collecting Jade for over a year now and have about 500lbs of unworked material in buckets, crates and trash cans all over my garage. I have been grinding, shaping and polishing with the 8" wheel and have a sink and table top grinding stations. I am doing jewelry pieces for earings, pendants to gallery pieces up to my biggest piece, an 80lb boulder.

As far as carving, I can drill a hole with my dremel and diamond drill ..... period. I have met Don Salt, Matt, Justin and some other carvers at the last Jade Festival in Big sur and their work really caught my eye and inspired me to let my imagination go in this medium and all I could do was think .... "someday". Well lately I have been cutting out fractureless pieces of gem material from some of my collection with the intent of making something special, well .... other than pendants or wheel sculptures. Now the pile of "sweet tasty stuff that needs carving" has gotten to a point that I need to start doing it rather than saying I'm going to do it.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Drew

Hi Drew...welcome, I am new too! Jason Tweedie, 2 below you on the list of who's who. I carve Jade and other hard stones and have wanted to have a go at some of the Blue Californian Jade for sometime, but in the southern parts of this planet there is very little of that material available and very small pieces when it does pop up. Maybe we can do business if your interested in getting rid of some of the gemmy stuff you have or a swap for some Australian Black Jade (good solid stuff, see below). Drop me a line on tweedie3d@yahoo.com.au with some images of the Jade if you're interested. To Janel, Phil etc I hope I am not breaking the rules asking this question? Cheers Jason

post-2173-1244855868.jpg

Hi Jason,

Doing business aside from the TCP pages is between those involved. The forum itself is not a platform for sales. I might suggest, to everyone, you may want to not post your real email address as written, because each post is eventually touched by the search engines, and so would the email addresses. You might want to just use the "send email" function on any member's Profile page to begin your private discussions.

Janel

Archived