Christine

Hello From Los Angeles

Hi there! This is a reintroduction as I joined this forum shortly after it's inception. I've been carving on and off for about six years? After a couple year hiatus doing other things, I have come to the conclusion that even if I go blind or languish in poverty, I have to carve tiny objects because it is what I love to do :)

Anyway, I make tiny dolls. Over the years I have developed some techniques for making them articulated. Currently, the ones that I make are under one inch and have elastic "ball joints". I can explain that in another section if anyone is interested. Here are a couple pictures of dolls I have finished in the last two weeks:

CS-09-06-30-01.jpgCS-09-06-25-08.jpg

The first doll there is about 3/4th inch high (19mm) carved of Sycamore and the little bunny is 5/8th inch (16mm) carved of Vine Maple.

I've known Janel for many years and she is the one who inspired me to take up carving in the first place - thank you Janel!

Hi Christine,

Thank you for re-introducing yourself! I for one would like to see more written about how you make the dolls articulated, if it is not a trade secret. Perhaps in the Techniques forum area? It is good to see that you came back to carving these sweet, endearing little dolls. You have a special knack for creating gentle spirits in them.

Janel

Thanks Janel. No trade secrets here - they are put together much like larger resin ball jointed dolls and that info is widely available on the net...

Welcome back. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm always looking for something new to try.

I'm currently building a "sneak" boat. It is 10 ft 6 inches long and 31 inches wide. Here in NC where I live it is called a "one man boat" and is used for fishing the black water rivers and creeks. Light weight and portable it is easy for a person to unload from the back of a pick up truck.

I'll take pictures if anyone is interested.

Welcome back. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm always looking for something new to try.

I'm currently building a "sneak" boat. It is 10 ft 6 inches long and 31 inches wide. Here in NC where I live it is called a "one man boat" and is used for fishing the black water rivers and creeks. Light weight and portable it is easy for a person to unload from the back of a pick up truck.

I'll take pictures if anyone is interested.

Bonjour Christine, your dolls are charming. They look nice. It's good to see that carving must be serious and having a little piece of childhood.