Faerie Shield Bead

Hello All,

I cast and finished this bead yesterday. Any and all feed back is good - let me know what you think.

I wish I could save the look of the figure in the rough casting after pickling (the pickle is an acid solution that removes the oxides and leaves a rather pure silver surface). On the reverse side, I like the finished contrast much better than the rough.

Namaste,

Magnus

post-239-1246771423.jpg

post-239-1246771499.jpg

post-239-1246771693.jpg

post-239-1246812140.jpg

Magnus:

I agree with you, I like the depletion gilded look better than the polished piece. I can see the relief carving, modeling and delicate shading more clearly before it's polished, but I imagine that the modeling is apparent when you see it in person.

I am trying to understand where the hole is in this bead. Is it on the top?

Beautiful piece, I also like the celtic knot. I tryed to carve a celtic cross one time and I have appreciation of the difficulty involved.

Debbie

Thank you Jim, This piece is right about 2 inches in diameter and 12mm depth in center (3.5 mm at the edge).

Thanks Phil - I have the choice on producing this one with or without the reverse as the two halves get soldered together after casting, but it loses a lot of tactile quality when it's only half a shell so to speak.

Thank you Natasha for your kind words.

Thanks Debbie - this bead has such a small hole that I will run a wire through it and let it pivot on a jade bead.

Blessings,

Magnus

hi magnus ,it is beautiful so this is the way they come out the casting so the acid only removes the altinkar and boric acid ,so you only have to do a light polishing or sating,mmmm very nice I like the face much and the celtic ,so you don't have small bobbles of metal in the surface ? when you cast right ?,lovely piece ,thanks :o:o

Archived