I`m running out of emotion

Guest ford hallam

Guest ford hallam

Hello all,

Just a thought, but I`m feeling somewhat limited by the emotional and expressive range of our available emoticons. Or is it just the way I type. With one finger! <_<

I would have thought that somewhere out in the big electrc blue there are more expressive little yellow faces. And I don`t mean the Beijing childrens choir, :huh:

Any nominations for any that you`d personally find most useful.

I`d like to see; dead pan, ironic, both English ( subtle, slightly ambiguous ) and New Dehli ( massively over-done),disdain would be handy as would utter contempt. What would a real brown nose smiley look like.

go on, express the inner you.

as always,

Ford :D

case in point, I`d like to end off with a little guy who has a Peter O`Tool/ Lawrence of Arabia thing going on. No camels needed.

Guest ford hallam

This post is unashamedly self-serving in the by merely posting it I`m elevanted to senior member. Oh, the pride..... <_<

normal service will be resumed shortly.

Ford, ( insert smug smiley here )

Guest ford hallam
which Peter O`Toole/Lawrence of Arabia thing.  Is this within the proclivities parameters?

hi Biwolf,

you know, wind swept and interesting, excellent costume, charging off into vast areas of absolutely nothing at all... that sort of thing. No camels, except for the charging thing and no young men <_<

Ford ( mock serious smiley ).

Guest ford hallam
Great smiley, Dick. I love the eyelashes. Just like Ford's.

Fordo-san. There are comets out there millions of years old. I would expect no less from you.

Hey Jim,

Where I come from being a very old burnt out rock is not a good thing, :huh: As kids growing up in South Africa there was always an undercurrent of antagonism between English speakers and Africaans speakers. we would refer to them as rocks, amoung other things. Happy times <_<

I prefer to think of myself as a rough diamond ( self deprecating smiley ) NO, not self deficating.

Ford :D

Emoticons...smilies... I think that there is a way to import more, but I'd have to take time to figure it out. I would like to see if we could come up with a good group and not thousands of them, name it and then import it. Too late tonight (red eyed smilie). Gone to the city tomorrow. Do some research and email me with ideas, anyone.

Janel

Guest ford hallam

Hi Janel,

It seems that our own somewhat individual and "do it yourself" descriptions of smileys are catching on. I reckon that given that the present company are a creative and inventive bunch that perhaps we`d be better served coming up with our own.

I had some further thoughts as to how we might add to our communications. Given that the way posts appear and are read perhaps we could add stage directions. For instance, you could start your post by setting the scene, mood or even suggest background music. We could also include bracketed descriptions of actions and gestures. ( waves hands around in expressive, Olivier type manner)

We could be at the cutting edge of internet interaction ( adopts heroic stance gazing toward the future ) ( somewhat manic smiley )

Well, these are only some of my ideas, i have others ( slightly disturbing looking smiley )

Be careful in the city,

as always, Ford

Guest DFogg

Behind the smilie face there often lurks Spyware

Be content with stage cues, they are far more interesting (slight hesitation before posting, he worries about the witless remark) :rolleyes:

Archived