playing with flowers

Dear friends the history of Mughal art related to Florentine masters is fabulous...but when you read the strategy of Timur in 1398 in Delhi when he won the battle you felt amazed, he took the artisans from many places to Sarmakand and thanks to that in the great Mughal hindu period between 1526-1707 the develop of mughal arts was so impressive...yes the mixture of many artisans cultures in sarmakand was the origin of the mughal carving stones decorative techniques on my humble opinion. Mughal works in jade and marble are the most famous stone carvings of that time, but be careful because the influence of florentine pietre dure masters was very important to mughal carving techniques, remember always that. Master carvers from Hindu subcontinent are connected in the Mughal period even with the chinese silk route artifacts as it shows in many jade similar pieces. This decorative work here posted is wonderful and is the heritage of centuries of mughal art...thanks for following the traditions my friend......ADRIÁN

(posted by Janel for Adrián)

Dear friends the history of Mughal art related to Florentine masters is fabulous...but when you read the strategy of Timur in 1398 in Delhi when he won the battle you felt amazed, he took the artisans from many places to Sarmakand and thanks to that in the great Mughal hindu period between 1526-1707 the develop of mughal arts was so impressive...yes the mixture of many artisans cultures in sarmakand was the origin of the mughal carving stones decorative techniques on my humble opinion. Mughal works in jade and marble are the most famous stone carvings of that time, but be careful because the influence of florentine pietre dure masters was very important to mughal carving techniques, remember always that. Master carvers from Hindu subcontinent are connected in the Mughal period even with the chinese silk route artifacts as it shows in many jade similar pieces. This decorative work here posted is wonderful and is the heritage of centuries of mughal art...thanks for following the traditions my friend......ADRIÁN

(posted by Janel for Adrián)

Thank you for your kind words. Your insight into the history of this craft is impressive. Mughals did come to india in 1526 but their real art manifested under the patronage of Akbar and Shahjahan. Akbar built the city of Fatehpur sikri with extra ordinary display of art and architecture on locally available sandstone. Shahajahan in turn took it to an opulent level with Florentine pietre dure and carving of tulips and iris on white marble. The flower posted is in fact variation of a pietre dure flower set in Taj Mahal. ...Bharat

• 2 weeks later...

Archived