The gender of carving materials

Guest Clive

Fossil walrus.. Young male.. handsome on the outside.. all messed up on the inside

Umimatsu.. Young female.. beautiful on the outside.. a bloody nightmare in every other way

Bone.. like granma and grandad.. solid and still scrub up nice.. but full of holes.

I have been working in white oak for the last three months, and was wondering today what it's gender would be.

I find it to be incredibly beautiful, and polishes up very well, but needs a lot of work to get it that way. It is often very unwilling to give in to my demands, becoming quite stubborn and unyeilding at times, but then minutes later, very easy going. Sort of fickle.

I'll leave it to your own interpretation to assign a gender.

Phil

I have been working in white oak for the last three months, and was wondering today what it's gender would be.

I find it to be incredibly beautiful, and polishes up very well, but needs a lot of work to get it that way. It is often very unwilling to give in to my demands, becoming quite stubborn and unyeilding at times, but then minutes later, very easy going. Sort of fickle.

I'll leave it to your own interpretation to assign a gender.

Phil

Perhaps like balsam -- hermaphrodite ?

Bill

Archived