An erhu

Brian Chan

Construction:

The erhu main body are made of rosewood, with inlays of bamboo, boxwood, pink ivory wood, ebony, bone, and buffalo horn. The two metal tuning mechanisms (a modern development found in some beginner erhu) are machined and soldered brass, steel and sterling silver.

I will post some of the highlights soon, but for now, construction pictures can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chosetec/sets...57622669284359/

There´s a lot of chinese and even japanese experts in the erhu my friends, in my extense Music folders I had almost all the CDs of the chinese Jian-Peng-Fang, I recomended strongly that you reach his music with the erhu. Hi lived in Florida I think since a long time ago. It´s funny but all of us apart of our carving skill we are experts or learning in another paths...tha´s we are. When I tell people I´malacologist, nature photographer, scientific divulgation writer and miniature carver they think sometimes Im jocking!!! So I encourage you to follow your heart always, even if someone try to push you in another way....PLAY THE ERHU and when you felt ready download for us a demo on the web please...I love this instrument because is the only that can be close to the human voice as a song...it´s amazing believe me!!!...yours,...ADRIÁN

• 4 weeks later...

Archived