ice jade frog

dante lopez

Dante:

Really nice piece! Is the ice jade from China? I just got a hunk (a little more than a pound, 355 gms.) of what was called ice jade from a new find in China; it has been sent off for chemical analysis by the dealer to determine whether or not it is a true jade. Mine is a true powder blue.

I haven't posted anything lately because my husband and I have been making me a studio. All my time has been devoted to doing concrete, sheetrock and tile work. Almost finished, am moving things in this weekend and building workbenches.

Did the hurricane miss you 2 weeks ago? Hope all is well.

Debbie K

Hi Dante! I like a lot your frog. I see now that I should have called my frog a toad,instead of a frog. Now it's an insult to your frogs beaty! Well, it's always time to learn new things. If I may advise, without offence, I could not help taking notice of that you should pay attention to finishing. Some of the deep lines are rough, I normally have some 3mm pegwood (watchmakers use it for cleaning holes, similar to boxwood?) in my dremel, sharpen it while rotating with sandpaper, and with different grades of diamantpaste go all the deep lines and surfaces trough. Takes time but it's the only way I know. Anyhow, your view of a frog is very pleasant.Lauri.

hi thanks for all the nice comments,but is not completely finish, I steel have to do that lauri sets clean the final lines , when is finish I post some more .

debbie,nice to heard from you this ice jade is from guatemala and it is so extremely harder then usual jade and you don't get bigger then an apple seize .

magnus thanks, the back in particular took me long every thing in the back have a texture small round cuts so is like the frog texture it took like four days an many beats jajajaja.

lauri your frog is nice but I think you can make better ,if you turn the light on, that helps jajajajajajajajajaj only a jock I like your work is refreshing .

I want to share this because is a custom piece and pretty soon have to send, some times I forget to take pictures ,thanks for all the comments to all ,jim,brian,dustin :P;)

Archived