? a stone this can be

Velin

• 2 weeks later...

I can't be sure ,but it looks like a fire agate . They usually have ,in geode form a chrystaline center. If yours has a bubbly top. or as you hold the stone . opposite the clear portion Then it most likely is a fire agate. and if you carve the bubbles very carefully you can bring out the fire colors.

I hope this helped rock hunter.

Hi Velin,

I also agree with others suggestion, as it does look like agate, or jasper. Its been my sole research purpose since I joined my local lapidary club, and my brother gave me our 30 year old tumbler, and bags of raw agates and jaspers, from the north western area of Australia. Lovely to see your stone, let us know how you end up using this material . have a good evening . Naomi.

• 8 months later...

From the looks of the cleavage on the stone I would have to say its common Opal, take a piece of known agate and see if it will scratch this stone, if so I'd bet its Opal.

Regarding the comment that its fire agate, with out a doubt it is not fire agate, I just posted comments regarding fire agate and posted images of rough fire agate in the new work show and tell section, check it out and I am sure you will agree its not fire agate.

All my best ............... Danny

I have attached an image of a fire agate

post-2604-1283615768.jpg

Archived