blowfish

Hako

Hallo:

here is a netsuke of a blowfish. Its a big piece of m.o.p., that I bought . I never do a piece in this material again. It produces so much dirt. A girl from Spain told me, they use the powder on their skin as sunprotection.

I took the yellow part of the clam for the eyes and gold and horn for the pupils. It took very long to carve this fish, I put it aside very often.

Janel : You see my pics are getting better.

Greetings out of the snowy rain, Hakopost-1743-1261750499.jpg

Hello Hako!

It is good to see you here again. M.O.P. pieces can show the intrinsic beauty of the material. There is a radience in this little fish that wood could not give to it.

The "dirt" you report, is that the dust from carving the M.O.P.? On other topics on TCP the dusts from this material has been discussed, pointing out the real dangers of breathing the dust from dry-working it. I do hope that you took care and did not breath the dusts, or worked only with the wet materials.

Thank you for posting the image of the blow fish. The eyes is bright and the fish looks very alert! It is very engaging.

Janel

Thankyou Woodworm and Natasha for looking and a positiv coment.

Thank you Ko - always helpful

Mike - cool - thats the real word for a fish. Cool shining and feeling.

There is some more, I like to show in the next time.

I like materials and like to present them.

Hako

thanks hako for showing your nice little fish. how small/big is it?

i like to see more pictures of it. the mouth looks a little odd on this one.

i do not quite understand the materials of the eyes. is the yellow gold or the yellow mother of pearl?

i liked the other carvings too.

regards, alice.

Hello Janel, yes its good to show and tell on the carving path. I always have a look, what happens here, but everyone has to go his way. Now I´m carving so much as never before and I´m very happy with it.

I made the blowfisch outside with the wind from behind. Didn´t know its poisening.

Hello Alice here are some pics for you. The eyeapple is m.o.p. the horpupill is surrounded by gold.

Greetings and a fantastic 2010 for you two.post-1743-1262034765.jpg

PS. : its in cmpost-1743-1262034794.jpgpost-1743-1262034834.jpg

Archived