snail

Hako

Hello,

this is a snail of grenadill. The black and white wood is carved in one piece as a snail on a piece of barc. The snails house is of cowhorn, the dewdrops of moonstone. The great carver Kodo used moonstones inlaid in ivory. I really like this stone and will use two cabochons as eyes for a Gollum netsuke.

Ko gave me some interesting woods, there will come some more.post-1743-1261770634.jpgpost-1743-1261770592.jpg

The mushroom is of boxwood with a snail. A little laquer behind the snail to show its "way"

The first is an okimono the second a netsuke

Greetings, Hakopost-1743-1261770665.jpg

• 10 months later...
Hello,

this is a snail of grenadill. The black and white wood is carved in one piece as a snail on a piece of barc. The snails house is of cowhorn, the dewdrops of moonstone. The great carver Kodo used moonstones inlaid in ivory. I really like this stone and will use two cabochons as eyes for a Gollum netsuke.

Ko gave me some interesting woods, there will come some more.post-1743-1261770634.jpgpost-1743-1261770592.jpg

The mushroom is of boxwood with a snail. A little laquer behind the snail to show its "way"

The first is an okimono the second a netsuke

Greetings, Hakopost-1743-1261770665.jpg

Hi Ko, my new website is WOODSTONEANDBONE.com, I am carving JADE now and doing netsuke restoration mainly. Your work is looking great. Cheers, Brad Blakely

Hi Ko, my new website is WOODSTONEANDBONE.com, I am carving JADE now and doing netsuke restoration mainly. Your work is looking great. Cheers, Brad Blakely

Hello Brad, these carvings are not made by me as you might think.

They where made by Hako, a German carver. I only gave him the wood.

I had a look at your website, very nice!

Greetings, Ko Baas

Archived