jade ryusa

hi guys ,so this the advance of the piece so far is only hollowed at this point I,m using the file to do the line of the design and don't know whether to carved the inside or polish ?because there are very small areas to get to the inside some guide will be welcome thanks ;):rolleyes:

post-1637-1262643363.jpg

post-1637-1262643376.jpg

post-1637-1262643392.jpg

post-1637-1262643405.jpg

thanks for the advice alice , I know that hole don't look very nice but ,it is difficult to remove the inside ,next's time I will make bigger space in the center so don't interfere whit the round shape which is nice .

janel ,thanks for your kind comments ,like I say this is a personal challenge i don't know how long is going to take me ,but I definably are going to enjoy every step of the way,the play of light is nice ,and the different levels of the carving ,I'm going to try to make it look like your porcelain pieces thats the gol lets see :rolleyes:;)

It's been interesting to follow the progress on the ryusa, dante. I'm curious to see the finished article.

On the variations of the size of hole, I wonder if it would be possible to avoid big holes and have, instead, workable medium-size ones. Having big holes detracts the eye from the rest of the carving somewhat. Just a thought. I'm aware, though, that it might not be possible when working with stone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hola Dante,

This is beginning to look really nice - I'm excited to see how you play with the translucence of the jade - Will you leave some parts sanded and some high polish? Again - very nice!!

I am never worried about the strength of jade - it is quite strong. How many grams does this piece weigh?

Blessings and happy New Year,

Adios,

Magnus

Archived