Making Clive Hallam's “Shirley Temple” Knives for Netsuke Carving

tsterling

Here's a link (over on the IronBrush forum) to Clive Hallam's really excellent tutorial about how he makes knives/scrapers for his netsuke carving. An excellent use of recycled carving burrs, using very little equipment: http://followingtheironbrush.org/viewtopic...f=57&t=1361

A true gift to the netsuke world, I struggled for years to accomplish the same thing, but never found anything as easy or effective!

Hi Tom

Thanx for the link. As a retired dentist I found it especially interesting him using old burs. What was being shown was something similar to what I did many a time in the past. The revised tut is clear and unambiguous and a credit to Clive. What would be nice is to be able to download a tut such as this as a .pdf.

btw I have reread your book a few times since downloading it. Thanks once more for your generosity.

Toothy

Hi Tom

Thanx for the link. As a retired dentist I found it especially interesting him using old burs. What was being shown was something similar to what I did many a time in the past. The revised tut is clear and unambiguous and a credit to Clive. What would be nice is to be able to download a tut such as this as a .pdf.

btw I have reread your book a few times since downloading it. Thanks once more for your generosity.

Toothy

You're welcome, Toothy!

• 1 month later...
What would be nice is to be able to download a tut such as this as a .pdf.

Toothy, most printing programs gives you the opportunity to 'print' to a pdf-file. It is then saved as a pdf! Piece of cake and very handy indeed.

Archived