Fighting Bantams

Natasha

Wow! There is so much air between the feathers, making carving of this one hugely challenging. Will wondered if you have chickens to look at. The pale coloration compliments the ivory and does not cause a distraction from the animation of the bantams, who can be startlingly colored. Thank you for posting!

Janel

My dear Friends, thank You all very much! Your opinions give me a lot of inspiration! :)

Jim, You asked me about the sketch of this netsuke, here it is!

I've never done any model before carving, I would prefer to carve without any sketch, but my collectors want to know what they'll get before it'll be carved! That's why I draw these sketches!

post-215-1265309136.jpg

Yes, Jim! :) You understood right!

A bigger part of my sculptures, a couple of my netsuke and medalions were carved without any drafts! But usually my collectors want to see drafts! ;)

When I began to carve and had no orders, I didn't draw any drafts, just some newest sculptures had drafts, my drafts are more how right we understand each other, I mean me and my collector! English is not my native language, that's why I want to be understood right by my collector what I want to carve for him! :) Very seldom my collectors give any additions, usually my first draft is always lucky for my collectors!

Hans, your words mean a lot for me! Thank You for your compliment!

I've just looked at your site and I'm so astonished by your wonderful work!!!! You are jeweler and gemcutter!!!!!!!! Fantastic! I so like your works! So interesting cut stones!

My very best wishes to You!

Natasha,

Your new piece is absolutely beautiful!

I like to work this way too, without using a model of sketch, but more often than not, I have to produce either a sketch, or a model, as you say, for the client to approve. It is a great way to work, very free.

Again, thank you for posting the latest photos of your exceptionally beautiful work!

Very inspiring.

Phil

Dear beautiful Nutasha

I am shaking with emotion when I saw your fighting cocks. I am just new to learning about this incredable kind of mineature sculpture. I didn't dream such wonderful things existed. WOW, you are the queen. I dream that you must have elfes who come in the nighttime to help you when you sleep :P is it possible for human hands to do this.

My great respect and hugs to your for the joy. You are a great inspiration for a woman...and so nice person.

Kat

Hello dear wonderful Katrina!

You are so full of positive emothins, as a sunbeam! :) I suspected about elfes! :P And I won't sleep this night hoping to see them! :) Thank You for inspiration!

We all were beginners! ;) Don't worry, year by year You'll carve better and better, from the bottom of my heart I wish You a great Success! Just keep your sunny soul! :)

Hello dear Dick!

Thank You for your compliment! Carving without a draft doesn't limit our imagination! ;) I have a lot of ideas how to improve my design during carving process, another secret is I imagine the piece, which I'm carving, in my head, I always turn it in different direction, imagine added details the whole night , if I like what comes I sleep happy and in morning I know what and how to carve! When I draw a draft, I very often use eraser.

Looking at your metallic insects, I cannot imagine how it could be done! Amazing! I'm not able to do so! You are very serious sculptor! Thank You!

Archived