A little relief

Don Barnhill

That's a thoughtful donation.

I just had a thought about the box and where you put the decorative elements. When the lid is turned to the back, see the side panel at the top of the box? That spot could present the title or maker's mark, or some descriptive information... or another design... I would take care to not put too much heavy design on one box though, it may detract from the knife itself when open and on display.

Janel

Don,

Very nice mate.

Janel is right, engrave your name where suggested so that everyone will know who made it. :blush:

It looks like a lot of effort has gone into it so you deserve some long lasting recognition, especially since it's being donated. Whenever the box is opened, the maker will be revealed. As suggested by Janel, I don't think anything too fancy. Maybe right smack in the middle just 2 lines in script saying:

Crafted by

Don Barnhill

Cheers

Mike.

Don,

I think you did good. I donate or give away most of my carving. I'm rethinking my habit of not signing my work. It seems to be pretty important to those on the receiving end.

I just sent two projects to their intended homes and forgot to get any pictures to post. I've been keeping a nickel or two that I've pounded into pendants glued to my carving stand as small projects to build skills.

John

Archived