Rock crystal vase for Debbie

lauri

• 2 weeks later...

Lauri:

Sorry, I didn't see this until today. Great job! The crystal looks fine to me.

What are you thinking about putting in it, flower wise? I have the good fortune to live in Houston where, right now, there is an ongoing Faberge show at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Not too many presentation eggs (which Forbes has the best of) but many fantastic pieces and carvings. The piece I'm working on right now is inspired by that show. When I get it put together, I'll post a photo of it here.

I'm enabling notification of replies, so when you do any more on this project, please post them here so I can find them.

Debbie K

Lauri:

In a photo it looks quite all right but in nature you would see the failures in the quality of the stone. The rock crystal piece I'm working with now has no failures and is a little bigger, so until I brake it (hopefully not) I'm happy with it. I have carved all the forms already, now I need to drill the hole a little deeper and start finishing the surfaces. When it's ready I will show it here. I'm thinking to make a blueberry, but it will take some time, I'm having another things to do at the same time. When it's ready I will show it. Keen to see what You are having to show! Lauri.

Archived