Australian Members

Ron Scupham

Hi to all members!!

I would like all the members that are in Australia to contact me through TCP so that we can help each other with our suppliers , techniques and generally help each other. We are in an area of the world where we have a unique culture and climate that a lot of other members don't quite understand. At the moment I have been helping some other newbie carvers with information and help so I thought if we all helped, maybe you could be just down the road from some one you could get to know.

Hoping to hear from you all.

Cheers

Ron

Latest attempts. :unsure: the rays have ebony eyes

post-1873-1271582925.jpg

post-1873-1271583000.jpg

post-1873-1271583083.jpg

post-1873-1271583102.jpg

post-1873-1271583133.jpg

post-1873-1271583149.jpg

post-1873-1271583265.jpg

post-1873-1271583280.jpg

post-1873-1271583307.jpg

Hey Ron. I'm not in Aussie anymore, but I started my carving whilst I was living in Sydney from 2000-08.

The only contact I ever made in Sydney was with Anthony Brae-Heta, but what a great contact, and great guy he turned out to be. Not sure where you are, but if you are ever in Sydney, he's worth catching up with.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with from back here in NZ.

Cheers, Billy.

Hey Ron. I'm not in Aussie anymore, but I started my carving whilst I was living in Sydney from 2000-08.

The only contact I ever made in Sydney was with Anthony Brae-Heta, but what a great contact, and great guy he turned out to be. Not sure where you are, but if you are ever in Sydney, he's worth catching up with.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with from back here in NZ.

Cheers, Billy.

You wouldn't have his contact details? If so send me a PM along with yours as your still from down under

Cheers

Ron

Hey Ron.

Anthony's website is: www.tribalcreation.com

You can also find him on my site: www.rongomau.co.nz

I'm there as Gareth Barlow.

Are you on facebook?

Cheers, Billy.

Hi billy

Thanks for the contact details, and yes I'm on facebook

Cheers

Ron

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am glad that I found this site and thank you Ron for contacting me.

I live in the Riverina of NSW and any carvers are like hen's teeth around here, so getting tools is quite a challenge. However, thanks to the internet, I have sourced a site in America, where the tools for my Dremel are not as expensive as they are in Australia and I can also get bits and pieces , for instance, diamond coated cut off wheels in various sizes, which are very hand.

The site is

www.widgetsupply.com.

Archived