microscope

I've just discovered this site and it's wonderful. I live in the middle of Ohio and it seems to be no mans land for local teachers of this kind of work. So thank you for being here.

My question is about setting up my microscope. I've had a Bausch & Lomb stereo zoom 7 given to me and I want to set it up to work under. If I understand correctly, I need to change the eyepieces to get the correct depth of field. The ones in the scope are 10x. What do I change them to and where do I get them? Is this all I need to do?

Also, I've spent the last year unemployed and was wondering if those bowling ball vises really work, since I can't afford a real one??

Thanks for the help and I plan on asking many questions of all the fine artist involved with this forum.

Thank you so much. I didn't even know what a Barlow lens was. Having said that, I still can't find one for my microscope. I have spent Many hours on the net looking. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. I have a Bausch & Lomb stereo 7.

Please help. ;)

PS By the way, I love the imagination and execution of your work Tom...!!!

Thank you so much. I didn't even know what a Barlow lens was. Having said that, I still can't find one for my microscope. I have spent Many hours on the net looking. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. I have a Bausch & Lomb stereo 7.

Please help. ;)

PS By the way, I love the imagination and execution of your work Tom...!!!

I'll bet someone on one of the aforementioned engraving forums will know where to get the appropriate barlow - sign up and ask - like TCP they are free and full of knowlegeable folks! Good luck..

I'll bet someone on one of the aforementioned engraving forums will know where to get the appropriate barlow - sign up and ask - like TCP they are free and full of knowlegeable folks! Good luck..

Hi all , I read this discussion last week, and checked out the engraving forum aforementioned.

I promptlly joined, and they are so friendly, and love to share, their knowledge, and chat, Give them A go . I am glad I did.

Naomi

Archived