Hello from Florida!

Ray Reynolds

I'm a recent carving convert, have been mostly a sketcher and painter till last year. One rainy week I decided to pick up my dog's bone and carved a hei matau and have been "hooked" ever since! Sorry for the bad joke, had to get that out of my system. I mostly carve bone, but have dabbled with relief carvings and tikis. I've been lurking here for about 9 months, and decided it's high time I joined the community. I've been lucky in that I knew some tiki carvers from my time living in Los Angles, and that lead me to find a few groups of bone carvers on Facebook. I now live in Florida, about 28 miles south of Kennedy Space Center. I'm still trying to build-up a decent collection of tools, and get a proper workbench, but living so close to the beach is wreaking havoc on my tools (surface rust). Looking forward to being an active member!

I'm a recent carving convert, have been mostly a sketcher and painter till last year. One rainy week I decided to pick up my dog's bone and carved a hei matau and have been "hooked" ever since! Sorry for the bad joke, had to get that out of my system. I mostly carve bone, but have dabbled with relief carvings and tikis. I've been lurking here for about 9 months, and decided it's high time I joined the community. I've been lucky in that I knew some tiki carvers from my time living in Los Angles, and that lead me to find a few groups of bone carvers on Facebook. I now live in Florida, about 28 miles south of Kennedy Space Center. I'm still trying to build-up a decent collection of tools, and get a proper workbench, but living so close to the beach is wreaking havoc on my tools (surface rust). Looking forward to being an active member!

Hi ya mate.

About time you got here! This site has been great place for help and inspiration, your gunna enjoy yourself. Heh post some images of your work on show and tell so everybody can enjoy your work.

Cheers mate

Ron

Archived