hello every body

I'm very happy to show you my vision about a kard knife...

post-512-1276171012.jpg

post-512-1276171029.jpg

post-512-1276171044.jpg

blade: 29 cm, Mahomet scale damascus by my friend Mick Moing

handle: bronze ( engraving by my friend Jean Santos), mammoth ivory with scrimshaw, silver rivets.

Knife case: printed leather/epoxy with patina, bronze inclusion , mammoth and velvet

it's a long job, 11 months but happiness is not at the end of the way, it's the way

I hope you like it

bisou

jct

Every thing looks very fine! The sheathe is very interesting! I think You enjoyed very much by the process of creating!

I though at first the sheath is made from some burl timber, and was wondering how you carved it out of a solid piece...

Silly me.

Thanks all.

The leather/epoxy technique is very interesting. There is only one limit , our creativity...

I called this one: chrysalide (chrysalis):

sheath : leather/epoxy with patina

handle: bronze, mammoth , water buffalo

blade: sandwitch

post-512-1276365146.jpg

post-512-1276365136.jpg

bien a vous

jct

do you like Gigondas?...

Thanks all.

The leather/epoxy technique is very interesting. There is only one limit , our creativity...

I called this one: chrysalide (chrysalis):

sheath : leather/epoxy with patina

handle: bronze, mammoth , water buffalo

blade: sandwitch

post-512-1276365146.jpg

post-512-1276365136.jpg

bien a vous

jct

do you like Gigondas?...

Nice work, I like it a lot, but what is Gigonda? Show more of your works, would be nice to watch! Lauri.

hi Lauri, thanks a lot.

Gigondas is the best red wine from France ( in the univers), Cheers...

just for your eyes:

post-512-1276451541.jpg

post-512-1276451530.jpg

post-512-1276451551.jpg

post-512-1276451560.jpg

post-512-1276451571.jpg

diameter rivets: 1 mm

blade: by my friends Mick Moing and PH Monnet

handle: mammouth

pattern: "la creation d'Adam" by Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni

a+

jct

I really like the knives a lot. Great work. You're lucky to have friends who can make blades like that. I love the handles too, simply lines yet beautiful workmanship

Salut JCT,

I like the 2 first knives a lot, the leather/epoxy technique, which I did not know by the way, brings something even more organic (strange considering epoxy is absolutely not natural ;)).

On the 3rd one, I find the handle really well executed, the scrimshaw technique shows great talent, but the left side of the blade...hummm, not fitting with the rest, but that's only my point of view and I can only speak for myself but I thought I gave you my honest feedback ;) (no offense to be taken, here)

One last thing....no one can reduce french wine to Gigondas, even if it is a excellent wine....what about Julienas, Pomerol, Nuit Saint Georges, Saint Emillion, Chablis. With such variety, how to think of one as better as the others, let not be too much european for once and value the difference between each instead of wanting to put one on top of the others...no?!

Christophe

Hello, JCT ..

Very nice pieces! I just made a series of knives for family Christmas gifts this year. My ..... they all look like butcher knives compared to these elegant beauties! And as much thought and patience has gone into the sheath as the knife .... I like the effect the ... red bronze, is it? .. welded into one of the bottom knives .. although it did give it a bit of a 'scarry' feeling to me!

Great collaborative effort between your blade workers and yourself!

Cheers,

Dennis