Wyoming Jade Tailbone

post-2173-1277353332.jpg post-2173-1277353354.jpg

Hi all... thought it was about time I put something up here instead of just looking....I must say there has been some quality objects appearing before my eyes.

Here is my latest effort... inspired by a large fish skeleton:

Title: Tailbone

Medium: Olive Wyoming Nephrite

post-2173-1277353370.jpg

Cheers, Jason

Wow! It is very interesting and wonderful!

How much time have You spent for it?

Wow! to you too Natasha, your pieces always take me to a bygone time, always masterfully carved, they make me want to brush the dust off my wood carving tools...but the majik of stone has got me for now, it takes me to a similar but more powerful and earthy place than wood. As for the time to create that piece, I would say a month in actual time but stretched over six months amongst all the other pieces in different stages of completion.

NELSON, DANTE AND DON, Thanks for the great feedback on that piece and same to you guys too for all your pieces I have never commented on, I'm enjoying making stone bones, it's like making fossils. DON I will post some more of my wearable sculpture soon. DANTE I luv Mexico and Guate-beuno! (Guatemala)...maybe we can swap some Jade at some time, I have never tried the Guatemalan material.

Cheers, Jason

Thank You, Jason! Your work inspires me a lot!

You worked on this stone so perfect! So clever design! I think You have found your way! :)

How do You concentrate on some pieces in different stages of completions? Is it comfortable situation for You?

kia ora to you Billy...thanks for the compliments mate! I loved that flowing ribbed piece you had up recently..both sides beautiful. As for Facebook, I have not signed on the dotted line yet...but have had a few recent offers to join by a few other caver friends in NZ...may jump in sooner or later.

Thought I would post a couple of other works in progress as I saw your question about joining stone the other day, I didn't comment as the others together summed it up well. But I know myself the visual thing works for me. I'll be briefish the pins (surgical steel needles cut to size or silver wire rod won't corrode) for the joins that need more strength is the go _ie two flat surfaces, but I have found just a bunch of random 1mm holes on both surfaces with roughed face is as good as it gets (locks in all directions) and easier that trying to line up holes with the pins. The glue I use is the Epoxy UHU PLUS (300kg strength) with I purchase from the House of Jewellery here in OZ www.hoj.com.au.

The first piece is titled "Beauty Spots" Siberian Nephrite and Mexican Rainbow Obsidian eyes and the second "Impact" OZ Cowell Nephrite and Arizona Fire Agate.

Hope this gets you underway...there's a lot of experimenting to be done in that area. Cheers Jason

post-2173-1277526276.jpg

post-2173-1277526295.jpg post-2173-1277526321.jpg

post-2173-1277526345.jpg

Natasha...that's the problem with stone...so many types of beauties....a specimen may catch the light in the studio... next thing I'm grinding it.

Magnus...thanks for the great feedback, the size of the piece is 75(h) x 25(w) x 18(d)mm

...now I must get off this thing and back to my shed!!

cheers, Jason

Great stuff Jas. Thanks for the info. Couple of good techniques to start with.

Yeah, there's a great little community we have going on facebook with the stoners and the boners. Some good contacts for NZ and North America. Even the odd one in Aussie....:)).

You use some lovely materials. Are they easy to get?

Hope to be in touch more often, Billy.

PS. Who are your mates on facebook?

Great stuff Jas. Thanks for the info. Couple of good techniques to start with.

Yeah, there's a great little community we have going on facebook with the stoners and the boners. Some good contacts for NZ and North America. Even the odd one in Aussie....:)).

You use some lovely materials. Are they easy to get?

Hope to be in touch more often, Billy.

PS. Who are your mates on facebook?

Hey Billy were all odd in Aussie! Hey Jase?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived