Tree Spirits of St. Simons Island

Keith Jennings

Keith Jennings here, it is a pleasure to meet everyone and hopefully I can add something useful to this great forum. I've been carving wood & stone since the mid-1970's. I don't carve as much as I used to, but still love the feel of a mallet in my hand. I became interested in carving through the restoration of antique furniture and quickly fell in love with the craft. Back in the early 80's I started carving Tree Spirits in the Live Oak Trees of St. Simons Island, a wonderful place off the coast of Georgia. About ten years ago I made a nation of fairies, sprites and wood elves; which I called The Tree Tribes of the Appalachians. Made from the branches of Mountain Laurels and other trees; technically they were not wood carvings. One day, I will go back to making these magical little creatures. Through the years I have carved an ocean of Sea Turtles, dolphins and fish – more abstract figurative pieces than I can remember and enough rustic furniture to fill a large house. Cheers, Keith Tree Spirits of St. Simons Island

post-2524-1279382738.jpg

post-2524-1279382763.jpg

Archived