Eagle Chainsaw Carving

I have another video, this time I was the one who made the video. It's my dad's carvings. I am interest in feedback on the carving and the video, for future improvements. I've also attached some images.

Here's the link to the video:

post-2-1281833408.jpg

post-2-1281833433.jpg

post-2-1281833458.jpg

PS: I like how this site shrinks the images, It gets annoying when I have to shrink the images in a separate program to fit the page.

Edited by Janel
Resized photos

Just so you know, this forum software does not shrink the images. Each photo must completely load on the page, and then the image is somewhat reduced for the page. The full file size exists in the storage area.

To have the images reduced before posting is enormously appreciated by all members who have dialup or slow satellite connections. Most who suffer such internet connections do so because that is all that is available for internet connection with the rest of the world. It is frustrating to any and all of them.

I will reduce the file sizes for you this time. Next time, please do consider the viewing comfort of the members who may have just had to wait ten minutes per megabyte for the images to load before they can move on. There are tips for how to do the resizing at the head of each forum area. There are also programs on line for doing it.

Janel

My apologies for being so stern, but I was on dialup until last February when a satellite internet connection was installed. The phone company won't install high speed internet, we are less than one tenth of a mile from the nearest high speed connection, but too far from the node. How frustrating that has been for us. Now with satellite, there is some improvement, but it is not up to par with the 90% of the population with internet connection that are sooo much faster, and our MB download is limited, so no videos if we want to maintain any semblance of speed for the month. It is easy to forget the 10% who suffer with the handicap of dialup. Done with the rant.

Now for constructive questions. The sculpture is in the foreground, so could you describe how tall it is? What wood is it, and what more will be done to it? Is it attached by the roots to the ground or is it portable?

Janel

My apologies for being so stern, but I was on dialup until last February when a satellite internet connection was installed. The phone company won't install high speed internet, we are less than one tenth of a mile from the nearest high speed connection, but too far from the node. How frustrating that has been for us. Now with satellite, there is some improvement, but it is not up to par with the 90% of the population with internet connection that are sooo much faster, and our MB download is limited, so no videos if we want to maintain any semblance of speed for the month. It is easy to forget the 10% who suffer with the handicap of dialup. Done with the rant.

Now for constructive questions. The sculpture is in the foreground, so could you describe how tall it is? What wood is it, and what more will be done to it? Is it attached by the roots to the ground or is it portable?

Janel

It's 3 and a half feet. It's white pine, Nothing more was done on our part, It's was actioned at the end of the week that it was carved. It is portable. I used your question when I made another video after this one, I'll be posting it in the future. Thanks for the feedback and the shrink of the images.