New Member Intro

Bob T

My name is Bob Tinsley. I have been carving, off and on, for nigh on to 45 years. My father got me interested originally. I have been carving seriously and continuously for the last two years. I carve caricatures, a lot of Santas, kitchen and table spoons and Welsh-tradition love spoons. I lean toward smaller carvings. Virtually all of my caricatures are less than 6" tall, most being 4" or less. I find it ironic that as I age and my eyesight deteriorates that I begin to carve smaller and smaller things. I have been interested in netsuke for some time now and have decided that it's time to jump into the pool. I've been lurking on the forum for about a week now and have learned a lot. I am hoping that by participating I can learn even more.

I have attached some photos of my work. The first is a Santa about 2.5" (6.4 cm) tall in basswood. Next is a love spoon in poplar about 12"x2.5" (30.5 cm x 6.4 cm). Next is Big-Foot Bob, carved from basswood about 4" (10 cm) tall. Following is a mini love spoon about 6" (15 cm) long in poplar. And finally is another full-size love spoon in poplar.

Bob

Colorado Springs

post-2673-1287455905.jpg

post-2673-1287455932.jpg

post-2673-1287455946.jpg

post-2673-1287455965.jpg

post-2673-1287455999.jpg

Bob,

Welcome to the forum. Your carvings are wonderful.

I have worked small most of my career over the years I started with an 2.5X opitvisor and five power loupe, now I have three optivisor 2.5X 5X 10X two loupes 5X 10X, surgeons binocular loupe and a trinocular microscope ............. Quite interesting getting old.

Welcome again ............. All my best ......... Danny

Archived