hello

gonzalo

Hello, my name is Gonzalo.. istarted carving a few years ago when an anthropologist that i know was showing me how my ancestors carved in Puerto Rico in the BC days (before Columbus).. he gave me a piece of river serpentine and a piece of rough flint and showed me a few techniques...i was hooked from there. afterwards was alot of trial and error as i never carved before or had any artistic background... now recently ive aquired some rough jade and went searching online how to carve jade and found this website which is very informative as i spent hours reading on here...thank you...btw i will try to post a few photos ;)

post-2779-1296100908.jpg

post-2779-1296100938.jpg

post-2779-1296100963.png

post-2779-1296100976.jpg

Welcome Gonzalo!

The photos are perfect. They could even be a little larger. The photo sizing information is in a post that is fixed at the top of each main forum index.

What are you using for tools and surface finishing?

Janel

Welcome Gonzalo!

The photos are perfect. They could even be a little larger. The photo sizing information is in a post that is fixed at the top of each main forum index.

What are you using for tools and surface finishing?

Janel

Thank you Janel.... For tools I started using different size sharpened screwdrivers including the small ones for eyeglasses. Then I started using needle files and scratch awl. As far as finishing I use sandpaper starting from 400 to 1000 grit. It's all been trial and error for me :-D

Archived