Sign in to follow this  
kenneth neaves

where is everyboby?

hello to you all,where is everybody?nobody is talking.is everybody busy?here in the mountains of north carolina it has been a tough winter but i reckon it has been worse elsewhere.hope we will have some warm weather to thaw out my old bones.i have been working on some opal inlay pieces and hope to have some pictures on before long.best regards to all of you,kenneth neaves

Ken,

As you know I'm in the midst of setting up the new shop. Got the inlay bench nearly done then its the saw (2 sizes six and ten inch) bench, then set up two grinding machines and build the smithing bench. Once this is done I can finally get to work, I have other benches to build but they are not necessary and as they become necessary it will be time to build them.

I check this forum a few times a day and have also noticed that there has been very little traffic for awhile, I guess it comes in spurts.

ALl my best ........... Danny

At long last I am spending full days (around 9 hours) at the studio after a few hours of computer work in the morning, and when I return in the evening, it is more computer time. Since mid January I have completed two pieces and have started a third one. I am not spending much time communicating on the forum, but some of the morning and evening hours are spent with the admin work. My apologies for being quiet on the pages of the forum. I am very happy to be carving again! Photos will happen some time later.

Janel

janel,i look forward to the pictures.i have to wait until my grandaughter is home from college to take pictures for me.i understand from the tv and the computer that you folks had a very rough winter.maybe spring is not to long off.i saw a large group of robins the other day and it gives on hope for an early spring.best regards to all,ken

Not doing much carving right now, but I'll get back to it soon. So many projects going that I don't have time to carve. I'm building a boat (Sneak Boat) for my church to raffle off through their Outdoor Ministry. Then I have a gunstock to carve a scene on and a "strumstick" to build. Just sold one strumstick and have an order for another.

I built myself a "strumstick" that looks like a Banjo. A traditional strumstick is beside my "Banjo" in the photo. And yes I taught myself to play it.

post-921-1297221299.jpg

post-921-1297221589.jpg

Ken:

I'm right here! I posted on your piece last week. Had a deadline to meet last week, but have been playing this week, carving a jade (nephrite) Celtic Dragon. Will post it when it is further along. Have finished 4 pieces that are not here, but are here http://picasaweb.google.com/deborahkirkpatrick56 the new ones are at the bottom of the Sculpture page, and one on the Sculpture jewelry page.

Hope you are doing well and the weather is not treating you too badly. It was 73 here on Sunday, and this morning it is supposed to go down to the 20's. Crazy weather.

Tried to post earlier this morning, but this website went down for a while.

Talk to you soon.

Debbie K

I'm carving my first silver, a bracelet. I hope to have it done in the next couple of weeks. That just jinxed my schedule though.....

It's been a hard winter here and everywhere. It's kept us busy but the last few weeks have given me some time at my carving post.

Back to it,

John

hello to all of you,i guess it's my turn to tell why i have not been on lately.i have been checking in to see whats going on,but have been to shakey to do much typing.not to bad shakey today.i have been carving some gem silica chrysocolla into flowers and cabs for jewelry.hope to get some pictures soon.danny,how is the setting up in the new studio coming along?hope to see some carvings from there soon.my very best regards to all of you,kenneth neaves

Hi Kenneth,

Just thought I would keep you in the loop. ... but there is a phenomena happening, where the world is joining Facebook, lots of artists of all types and many from this site are posting their work and chatting.

See Brian Matheson's post in the Events/2011 Jade Symposium. This will keep you busy all day....and maybe night!

Cheers, Jason