Forum Upgrade

Janel

Hello to all of you!

Phew! What a lot of work that was! I would much rather have been carving these last few days. Thanks to the great support folks with Invision Power Board Community Forum Software, a great number of questions were answered and good help was given.

I am still learning about some of the different or newer features. I hope that everyone can adjust to the way it all works. It is a little bit different than the older version. The upgrade had to be done, it was way overdue.

If you cannot figure something out, please ask, either by PM or here on this topic. Your questions and the answers will help others make the transition to the new look and way the forum works.

Janel

There are many members who have avatar images, and many who do not. Having a face to accompany your names in your posts makes the forum more of a community of people rather than text packages being posted.

If you have been shy about adding your photo for us to see, think again about it and share your photo of yourself with us. Some folks have their photos on their Profile page, but it needs to be deliberately added as an avatar so it can then show up with your posts. It will be great to see your faces on these pages!

Janel

Note: Don's Forum is Bladesmith's Forum.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the positive perspective. I am still trying to learn about how the extra things in the Personal Profile work. I would rather have a much simplified area there, but I don't know how much of it I can turn off. In this social networking era, it may be that I am now old fashioned. There is plenty to do without also maintaining another area of conversation or information besides the forum work, my email and work correspondence, while trying to hope for carving hours every day, so I may not make my own Personal Profile area into much of anything for the time being.

Janel

I think it's great, Janel. The colours are more pleasant for on-screen. And I'm finding the navigation a bit easier too. I like the 'new content' list on the side of the page, as well.

Thanks, Billy.

Archived