New To The Path

rdavidson

Hello all! My name is Ron Davidson and I have been carving for about 11 years. I do relief carvings,animal and some realistic. I have my own unique style of carving in that I do it by touch because I am total blind. I do have a group of 4 friends that I carve with on a regular or weekly basis and they help allot. A friend of mine and I came up with a pattern system that I use on my reliefs. He takes a laser and through a computer system burns away the surface of thewood and leaves a raised line for me to follow. This line represents the outline of the pattern such as trees buildings etc or whatever the subject matter is. There is a web site where you can see some of my work and i will try and post some photos of my latest carvings. The web site is www.westvirginiawoodarts.com just look for my name and there is also a short video.post-2841-0-37796700-1299421760.jpgpost-2841-0-57156500-1299421822.jpg

Hello Ron and Pal,

Welcome to the carving path, I have to tell you that the first thing I did was to look at your work and I really like your style especially the first picture and then I read your presentation....and woaw, very inspiring, like this one day when I saw blind student doing osteopathy (I am an osteopath ;))

I checked out your site, I really like the bear.

Thank's for sharing, Take care

Christophe

Archived