G'day Everyone!

Daniel B.

hello everyone my name is daniel b. im a noob to the forum. i do bone carvings and i would show some off but i can't get my photos to the right size so if any one has any tips that can help that would be great. well i'm a yank and living in utah at the moment. i am 22, and been doing bone carving for about a year but its been off and on though out that time. i have been self taught so far but i am trying to get more traditional as i go on. i have been trying more and more to do maori style carving. if anyone can help this young white kid out with polly carving that would be great. chears.

How's it going Danial? As you know I am new to all this as well. I saw your post on my profile earlier. So is bone hard to carve? I have never tried. I have always worked with wood myself. I wouldn't mind trying other materials. Do you use a dremel? Or knife and chisels? I am trying to find a free program to help with the size constraints with the pictures. I will let you know if I find one.

bone is hard but i love doing it. i use a knife, files, hand saw, and sandpaper. i will do power tools if i ever decide to sell my carvings. i really love the history behind the carvings and the culture that comes with all of that as well. in some ways (to me at least) its like learning a new language.

Hi Daniel. Welcome to the forum. I'm a bone carver in NZ with traditional influences. Nice to see your appreciation stretches further than just what you see. Maori art is a form of communication. It was what they used pre-European. Nice to see you here. I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Billy.

Archived