E-Mail Package

kenneth neaves

hello to all of you.i didn't quite know where to put this post so if i'm in the wrong place please move it.i got an e-mail today from fed-x showing a package and under it said my package would be delivered this week.it said to open the package above to see what it was.a few weeks ago i read about this and it said if you open the package it was a virus that would wipe out your computer.be careful and best regards,kenneth neaves

Thank you Kenneth,

You are correct, it is wise to not open any documents attached to email messages from unknown senders. In this case the shipper mentioned is somewhat a known entity, but such messages from any shipper, or post office, with whom you have no current business must be considered suspicious. It is very likely that the shippers would never contact us this way anyway.

There are so many variations of this kind of method that attempts to infect our computers with viruses if the attachment is opened. Be suspicious. Look up on the internet the key features of the email, buy its title line, or by the sender... there are web sites devoted to informing web users about the popular schemes that proliferate on the internet and in email that we will eventually get.

Janel

There are free antivirus options out there (avg and avast to name a few). If you have an antivirus installed, you can save the attachment and scan for viruses by right clicking on the file and selecting "scan for viruses".

also, if you don't know who the sender is, just don't open it.

Archived