Agate Toad

Hey Dante:

Good to see you here again!

Really nice toad, I love the way you got all the bumps. The pattern of the agate looks good for the skin, and I like the fire agates for the eyes. I'm especially impressed with the way that you were able to do the undercutting between his body and legs, so easy to do in wood, so difficut to do in stone.

Great work as always!

Debbie K

hi debbie

thanks, but you know, too mooch work, but this piece I really have to share it wit you guys,the texture was the most dificult becouse the agate is so hard ,and the under cut jajajajajjajajajajajajajajajajaj every time I have to work on it the only tougth that was in my head "leonardo would not compleind and do perfection ,so dont compleind and do perfection " jajajajajajajajajjajajajajajajajjajajajaj some day I get the realism that I want to achive ,in the meand time just try to enjoy every piece that I have to make , beside this piece is e comition from e museum in kentokye, so I have to do the best I can ,no ;) ;)

Hi Dante,

Amazing work....especially the texture of the skin.....thank's for sharing and also thank's for making me discover the kentucky agate, I didn't know at all about it.

May I ask you how long did it take you to make this piece, I can't even imagine....

Take care

Christophe

Hi Dante,

Amazing work....especially the texture of the skin.....thank's for sharing and also thank's for making me discover the kentucky agate, I didn't know at all about it.

May I ask you how long did it take you to make this piece, I can't even imagine....

Take care

Christophe

hi christopher, this piece took over 7 mounths of work you know,on and off but yes the textures huuuuuufffffffffffff , It came to e point that I feel never ending jajajaja but I like the final result , the problem was not carved the texture, but to polish the texture ,that was the real challenge

Archived