Maori Twist

Christophe

Hi everyone,

Don't have time to do much at the moment, but here's my first twist, that was quite challenging and even if I'm happy, still a lot of work ahead of me to have the desired result. I personaly do find that the "branches" of the twist are too narrow in comparison with the body....any feedback will be appreciated ;)

post-2505-0-18779700-1301847498.jpg

post-2505-0-13244700-1301847520.jpg

hay bud not bad at all for your first go when it comes to twists try and make them flow hear is a we suggestion cut the bottom curve down a bit and the peace will flow better :)

diagram 1

post-2855-0-95581300-1301859467.jpg

Often I find design is appealing through subjective opinion. I see no reason why this piece couldn't be regarded as finished. I think it looks quite nice. Perhaps the next one you can try a new design the likes that Gus has suggested. Then you can decide yourself what design you prefer when they're side by side. A nice way of evolving your designs. If you decide to change the design and then don't like it....it's too late. Food for thought.

Billy

Hi,

Gus: thanks for the feed back and for the idea on the design. One thing though, when I said I still have a lot of work ahead of me, I was thinking about the next twist(confusion is probably coming from the fact that english is not my 1st language ;) ) . I don't intend to change this one but I keep in mind your suggestion for the next one.

Billy: thanks for your feedback and kind words, coming from you this means a lot to me. And like I said to Gus, this piece is finished but the next one will be different. This is not the first, nor the last piece, I'm not fully happy with ;), but one thing is I never change them to try to get them better 'coz I did it once and the piece ending up completely messed up......so now if I'm not fully happy I try harder on the next one. ;)

Take care

Christophe

hay bud really sorry i thought u were wanting to refine this peace i think u did very well with this one just keep at it and u will only get better and better im looking forword to seeing what u do next all the best

gus

Kia ora Gus,

No problem, I definitely agree that by reducing the "body" like you showed me it would have bring more balance between the branches and the body ;) But I'm too afraid of messing up this piece and my other half like it like this :D so don't want be in trouble with her ;)

Take care

Christophe

Archived