Brian From South Carolina

Brian Mc

Hello,

my name is Brian McKinney, I am 28, husband to my awesome wife Mary Beth, father to my two great children (2&1/2, and 1&1/2 we wasted no time ). I began carving about three years ago. I began with soft wood, and exacto knives, and about one month two bottles of poroxide and countless bandais later I was hooked. Within two months I ordered my first real set of carving knives, and preceded to carve my families Christmas presents. I also began to stone carve during this time, and found that I enjoyed it as well. It was not until I had discovered antler that I truely got into small carvings. I had never completed anything larger than 10 inches in height prior to that time, so I suppose I have never carved large pieces. This has all been trial and error for me, trying different techniques,and styles attempting to see where I fit into it all. In this I have a love of scrimshaw, a passion for attention to detail in 3-d and relief carvings and an interest in carving chert I find on the local beaches left behind by Native Americans. I will do my best to have examples of my work posted asap, but I do have examples at smokedeckcreations.com. Thanks for your time

Respectfully,

Brian

post-2873-0-65728300-1302282682.jpgpost-2873-0-80703200-1302282651.jpgpost-2873-0-91591900-1302282668.jpg

Hi Brian,

Welcome here, hope you will enjoy.

Take care

Christophe

Christopher,

I think I will enjoy this forum very much. I have nothing locally to utilize for increasing my knowledge, so to find a place where artists of this calibur is great.

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Archived