Soapstone Carver From Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Hello, to all! My name is Dave Zachary The Man Of Stone and I'm from Manitoba, Canada. I carve mostly manitoba soapstone but also carve other types of carving stone. I sell carving on ebay and my website: davezachary.com I am open to all questions and will do my best to share knoledge with all. Here are somr pics of my work hope you like them.

Thanks

post-2927-0-84007400-1305862689.jpg

post-2927-0-30094700-1305862723.jpg

post-2927-0-64920300-1305862737.jpg

post-2927-0-45254700-1305862752.jpg

post-2927-0-04196200-1305862776.jpg

• 4 months later...

Many apologies to you Dave, for not seeing or commenting on your post. I clicked on the link to your web site and have watched the videos of you carving a small fish. I enjoyed that!

I noticed that you carved outdoors, do you also do this indoors in the winter time?

I offer a belated welcome to you,

Janel

Hi, Man of stone, I really like the guy at the top, very north looking. Is the black stone rare for you? Also, what is that fish carved from?

Keep up the nice work, Jesse

Hello, Jesse. The black soapstone is fairly common up here in manitoba most of it has green mixed in it. The fish is carved from peach alabaster from utah I believe. It is a common carving stone that seems to be for sale on a few different websites. the fish was just sanded and nothing was applied to give it a shine so it is the raw look.

Thanks for the great compliments, Dave

Many apologies to you Dave, for not seeing or commenting on your post. I clicked on the link to your web site and have watched the videos of you carving a small fish. I enjoyed that!

I noticed that you carved outdoors, do you also do this indoors in the winter time?

I offer a belated welcome to you,

Janel

Hello, Janel I'm glad you liked the video I made. I will be doing a follow up video of something a little more complex like a tobacco pipe or a polar bear. I carve outdoors in the summer but in the winter I just do the rough shaping outside.

thanks.

Archived