Stone Rough Suppliers?

Sheila

Hi

If you have a local gem and mineral club or lapidary club they would be able to help you out.

After that it would depend on the type of stone you want to carve, soft stone like soapstone or alabaster, hard stone like gems beryl, or tough stone like jade?

My favorite source is my local lapidary club, once they find out what you can do stone can be gifted your way.

Russ

Thanks Russ!

I found out there is a rock club that meets locally once a month, however its on a day that I can never make it because I always work that day! GRR! I did email the head of the club to see if he had any suggestions for me, though. I also found a local spiritual type store that says they carry a variety of stones...not sure how big or anything, though. Do you know of any reputable places online?

I'd probably be working with medium to hard stone...I'm interested in stones like amazonite, amber, amythese, chrysoprase, crazy lace agate, moss agate, lapis lazuli and labradorite (etc...haha!)

I live in the fox valley area (kaukauna). I probably won't be needing anything very big quite yet...maybe a couple inches at the largest. What kind of stones could I find here locally, and where should I look?

There are a variety of agates and petrified in Wisconsin,check the river beds which show rock shorelines.Ebay has a ot of carveable materials,but you need to check the shipping charges carefully.If you lived closer to Minnesota,my yard has a lot of rock.

Archived