Kenneth Says Hello

lopacki

I got an email from Janel asking me how Kenneth was doing. I gave him a call this morning and he asked me to post a hello from him.

Kenneth has been having major health problems for the past few months which has had him having to travel thirty miles to the hospital and then back home again far to much for his state of health. He told me that they have given him two blood transfusions because of low hemoglobin count and at this point his count is back up to as close to normal it will ever be. One thing he told me that I have heard from far to many people, at one time in his life he was super healthy, his mistake he let doctors start dealing with him and after this his health started to go down and has never improved.

Kenneth did tell me he is starting to feel a bit better, and he actually got into his shop for a short while recently but is so weak its hard for him to get much accomplished. I think his heart is in his work and I hope that he recovers enough so that he can again go to where his heart is.

Kenneth did tell me that the next time he is at his granddaughters he will do his best to post something on the forum as he truly misses all of the folks there.

It would probably raise his spirits if he were to get a short note or card from some of those on the carving path wishing him well so if you would like to do that here is his address.

Kenneth Neaves

436 Moore Rd

Lansing, NC 28643

Again Kenneth says hello.

All my best ............ Danny

• 4 weeks later...

hello to all of you,it has been a rough summer for me.seems like i have moved in with the doctors.it has been 1 or 2 trips a week since spring.i am feeling better now but just about missed this summer.i will try to check in with you fine folks more often now. i hope allof you are doing ok.i am doing a little carving now.thanks for the calls and letters and may GOD bless all of you.best regards,ken

• 2 weeks later...

hello to all of you,i am doing a little carving now but i am as slow as molasses in january.i hope to do some carving for my family for Christmas.i am thinking about selling my collection of carvings and most of my rough material,do any of you have any suggestions?hope to have some pictures on by Christmas.best regards to all of you,kenneth neaves

Kenneth,

Good to see you on the forum again. I think that there may be some of us on the forum that would love to own one or more of your carvings. I don't know if it is O.K. for you to post what you have here, if not please send me images of what you have for sale in a private email. Or if they are on your website give everyone here your website address.

All my best ........ Danny

Hi Kenneth! It is great to hear from you again.

Danny & Kenneth, I think that it would be okay for photos of Kenneth's pieces to be posted, but when someone wants to purchase from Kenneth, then that should be done privately.

Janel

hello to all of you,i am doing a little carving now but i am as slow as molasses in january.i hope to do some carving for my family for Christmas.i am thinking about selling my collection of carvings and most of my rough material,do any of you have any suggestions?hope to have some pictures on by Christmas.best regards to all of you,kenneth neaves

Hallo Kenneth, nice to have found you again here on this forum.

Hope your health gets better. Even though you singed off at the other forum, you are not forgotten and remain in our prayers.

• 2 months later...

Kenneth:

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! So glad I checked the forum today,I haven't been here much lately. Glad to hear that you are back to carving and hope that to see (somewhere) what you've been up to. Take care of yourself and please keep checking in occasionally. God bless you, too.

Debbie K

• 2 months later...

hello to all of you fine folks,i thank you for the kind messages you have sent.i am carving again.i have been carving ivory carvings from a tusk i bought in 1970.my grandaughter will be home soon and i hope to get some pictures made.i have been checking the forum every week and it looks like all of you are doing some fine work.i am only on the line on thursday.best regards to all of you,kenneth neaves

• 8 months later...

hello to all of you,i hope you are all well .i did a lot of small jewelry type carvings this summer and had hoped to have some pictures to show you.my grandaughter takes the pictures for me and this summer her college work took her to spain,so no pictures.i am getting so shakey i can't use the computer anymore,i hit too many keys.i want to wish all of you fine folks a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and GOD bless all of you.best regards to all,kenneth neaves

Hello Kenneth,

I am so glad that you check in with us once in a while! It is good to know that you were carving this summer. I hope that your grand daughter will visit you again so that your photos can be taken and shared with us again. Thank you for thinking of us and saying "Hello".

Janel

• 6 months later...

hello to all of you,i have been looking in on the forum the last few months but have been to shakey to send a message.the doctors have started me on a cemo drug for my autheritis and it has realy helped my shaking.it is good to see all of the new members that have joined and everything that is going on.best regards,ken

Hello Kenneth! I am so glad that you have written us a message, and that you are able to follow what is going on with the forum. I think about you often when I am at my bench. The little stone flower is right there to remind me of you.

Warmest regards to you,

Janel

Archived