Greetings From Havana, Cuba

Aram

Hello, I'm presenting myself to the wonderful people I see here in this forum. I'm Aram Alvarez, from Havana City, Cuba. Right on the Caribbean beaches. I'm a professional web designer and developer (programmer) but since a couple of years I have a "real life" hobby to help me release the steam from work; I create japanese swords using scrap or discarded material, like steel from contruction "I" beams, copper from water and/or A/C piping and wood from whatever I find.

I have being helped a lot by japanese people living in there and very involved into sword making, so I'm trying hard to make my pieces the most accurate I can. However I have a problem when doing their fittings because they are, guess what, carved/engraved :) and I honestly know a peanut about this stuff, so that's why I got into this forum, to seek knowledge and learn how to do these things, but I guess the real question should be posted elsewhere in this forum.

Anyway, I'll leave here some pictures of what I do.

Cheers

Aram

post-3025-0-96983800-1315846442.jpg

post-3025-0-53984600-1315846556.jpg

post-3025-0-91128300-1315846683.jpg

Hello Aram,

Thank you for sharing the photos and your story. You have been very creative with the limitations you face, and have had good fortune to know swordmakers who are Japanese. What I can see in the photos is intriguing. I look forward to seeing more.

Welcome to the forum!

Janel

Archived