Noob, Well, Hi From Oregon : )

Jesse

I am a noob to the forum.

I am forty one years old (sounds like 200 in my head :rolleyes: ) but young at heart. Been a rockhound and artistic since forever. I make knives, gifts, and jewelry and I am a jade-a-holic. I try to work jades but feel hindered as yet.

My saw is only able to cut a inch high so my big stuff sits; tic toc, tic toc, tic toc,.....

Anyone in Portland sing out, we'll get together and trade. Got the jade, not the saw, so if you do, maybe cuts for slabbage.

Hope not too long winded, hi from oregon : )

Jesse

post-2-0-74188500-1316838113.jpg

Hello Jesse,

There are plenty of jade carvers on this forum, I come from Tamworth NSW Australia, been carving jade for a few years, all Australian material, most of it I find myself, your carvings look good, where is your jade from, I recently found some black nephrite from Western Australia, takes an incredible polish, have a look at my recent carving in show and tell, Hook line and sinker, I have only been on this forum for a few months, a beginner compared to some on this forum.

Cheers michael b

Janel,

Hi , took a look at your site, Very nice. I love that you work with mountain mahogany, I thought I was the only one. (NOOB) :rolleyes: When I can post pics. I will. this wants an http/ whatever I cant do that.

Tomas,

Glad I made it, wish I could post right now, I would but I'll figure this out and do soon in show and tell? Thanks for the welcome all.

Michael

g'day, mate :D Hope you get a mirror shine on all your jade work, can't wait to look at but gotta go to 2nd shift, rents too high for a break. YARD SALE TOMMORROW.

Hi Jesse,

Thank you. I do enjoy carving fine grained and hard woods. Mountain mahogany is a good one for detail work.

The http;// thing is for linking to photos that are somewhere else on the internet. That kind of linking risks the loss of the image if the link ever changes or the image is moved or deleted. It is better to prepare the photos and attach them to the posts. If anyone needs a reminder about photo resizing guidelines, they can be found at the top of each forum area.

Have a great weekend!

Janel

Archived