Need Help With Studio Setup

Elana

Hi guys,

I couldn't find too much on studio set-ups, and I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with having a studio in their home. Right now I live in a studio apartment, with my desk (aka makeshift jeweler's bench) right next to my bed. For christmas I'm hoping to get a flex-shaft, but am worried about all the wood dust near my bed and electronics. I've thought about putting up some plexiglass between the bed and desk (probably all the way to the celing), but I'm worried about getting dust all over everything behind my chair. I don't want to put plexi all the way around my desk seeing it would be hard to use it after that. Sorry about the bad illustration below, but that might help get an idea of what I'm working with.

Has anyone dealt with this problem before and have any solutions? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! -Elana

| | | |

| Desk | | |

|___________________| | Bed |

|Chair| | |

| |

| |

| |

|___________________________|

Yes I did have that same problem. My Studio is a 4ft x 6ft closet. I have rotary tools and a dust collector, also have a small band saw.

Go to

My linkhttp://www.thecarvingpath.net/forum/index.php?/topic/1063-quick-grab-a-camera/

and check out some of the work benches and the space that we work in. Dust collectors are a good thing to have, and a small shop vac.

I have 2 pics. The best one to see is on page 4.

Archived