Aussie Chrysoprase Arrow Head

michael B

Very nicely done Michael!! Wisely I purchased quite a bit of this material some years ago when it was coming out of the ground by the ton, had a friend who is a stone dealer bringing it in in 55 gallon barrels, lucky for me I got to pick, it was not cheap 3 dollars a gram but for the quality I thought it was well worth it.

ALl my best ..... Danny

Thanks Danny

I have been trying to get more of this material, but most of it for sale is fractured or has inclusions, but the price is still around $1000 to $1200 kg in Australia, I have seen pieces on ebay, big risk, I have bought jadeite on ebay and most of it was garbage.

Cheers michael B

Beautiful, Michael. I got lucky and got some old stock at a gem & mineral show a few years ago, not pieces that large but not too badly included with good color. This is one of my favorite stones. Every once in a while I see some come up on Ebay and get tempted, but not tempted enough. I like to see what I'm buying.

Thanks Debbie

Last time I purchased a piece of jadeite on ebay, the piece looked good and the seller told me the piece had no cracks, riddled with cracks, and it has been heat treated and dyed, was sold to me as type A, it was around 300 grams, one bitten twice shy.

I went jade fossicing yesterday, I got drenched in a storm, but found some excellent nephrite, deep translucent green, about 15 lb, looks very much like BC polar nephrite.

Cheers michael B

Thanks pete, a very simple shape, I was a bit limited with the size of the stone, but sometimes simple shapes look good in a quality stone. Started carving a jade bangle today, cored out the inner and smoothed the outer, I may do a show and tell here and on the Aussie site as well.

Cheers michael B :)

Archived