3D images

Guest ford hallam

Guest ford hallam

Morning All,

It`s another miserable day here in the west country, think I`ll wear a loud shirt today to counter the gray. :P

I recently came accross a little bit of technology news that I thought might ultimately have a major impact on the way we can present images of our work. It seems holograms may soon be within the reach of all of us. Hmm, that concept does appear somewhat paradoxical. <_<

Apparently Japanese researchers and developers are beavering away on prototypes of hologram projectors for home movie viewing. I imagine the technology to project a still 3d image would be somewhat more attainable than the whole movie experience. It will be interesting to see if the problem of holograms being somewhat ghost-like can be overcome. Can you imagine how useful it would be to send someone, via an e-mail attachment, a solid appearing, rotating 3D image.? Perhaps Clive may even be lured into presenting images of his work in this way. ;)

just a pleasant little thought to conjure with.

regards, Ford

Guest ford hallam

Morning Jim,

up early, probably the sound of those beavers that woke you, ;)

I`m not aware of any links as such, though I`ve not done a search on the web at all. But would`nt a hologram on a PC flat screen get us back to where we started? <_<

Regards, Ford

I was reading an article last night about an experiment being done with a particle accelerator where they melted a vacuum. This released a state called an instanton. Now apparently an instanton has been theorized to affect the spin of a quark causing it to gain mass.

Melted a vacuum.......I am pondering this as I walk to the shop. <_<

Guest ford hallam

Hey Doug,

I`ll have to remember to knock on your door when I start my collection for the "preservation of Ford fund" <_<

and I`m suprised at you, you mean to tell me you don`t have pair of those x-ray specs? :P

Don,

I`d be careful if I were you, reading stuff like that can seriously damage your health, after all just consider how many sane theoretical physisists you know. OK, so I don`t know any sane OR mad ones either ;)

cheers, Ford

melting a vacuum? ( confuzzeled smiley )

The plasma they created to do this feat was 300 million times hotter than the surface of the sun. Now that's tax dollars well spent.

post-1-1125002297.jpg

I heard Wal Mart will be selling the consumer version for $19.75 made in China, of course, and it runs on D cell batteries. Handy dandy quark spinner.

Archived