Phillip Montgomery Aka Bonecarverpm Says Hello!

Phillip Montgomery

Hello all ,I am Phillip Montgomery also know as bonecarverpm on other sites. I have been carving natural materials such as Bone, Horn, Antler, Amber for about 11 years now. I post most if not all of my works on a site called Deviantart links is http://bonecarverpm.deviantart.com/ I will be posting some of what is posted there here for critique and comment as I am constantly trying to improve my self and carving ability. I am VERY aware that I have a long way to go with my art and am always learning and looking as opportunity presents itself. There really isnt a time period or cultural Motif/stlye that im not interested in if it deals with carving. I generally dont do wood carving but am fascinated by those who do it well. Hate sharpening chisels I guess.

I belong to a Guild called, The Honorable Company of Horners, which is a great group of horn workers here in America that promotes all aspects of Horn work. The guild is modeled after the British Royal guild, The Worshipful Company of Horners. link here http://www.hornguild.org/ I also belong to a historical re-enactment group that encourages and promotes teaching in all the arts that existed during the Period 600 ce to 1650ce (ce = current era).

Most of my works are for sale unless they have been commissioned, If its a commission it is a unique creation for that person. I also do casting in Bronze and Sterling silver that are available via I and my partners website here if interested http://www.dragonscale.com/index.html each of the originals was carved either by myself or partner we do lost wax casting and make our own molds for the wax injection every thing is done by us in house.(literally in our house lol)

I look forward to chatting and sharing info as best as i can with any and all who wish to

Be well and thank you for allowing me membership here

Phillip Montgomery

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Phillip, How are things in Trimaris? I see ya found this wonderful forum ahead of me. Again I gotta say that I really dig your bone and horn carvings. I have decided that it is time that I get serious about the stuff that I do, and make. These folks don't seem very talkative, huh?

Peace,

Rod

Hey Phillip, How are things in Trimaris? I see ya found this wonderful forum ahead of me. Again I gotta say that I really dig your bone and horn carvings. I have decided that it is time that I get serious about the stuff that I do, and make. These folks don't seem very talkative, huh?

Peace,

Rod

Peace,

Rod

all things in there own time ,this forum moves at its own speed ! with care and deliberation.

Archived