Natasha

Babilon

I'am so impressed by this that I feel there is nothing I could say that would bring justice to its magnificence!

Wow .absolutely wonderful . Thanks for showing your tools .Something that I'm always interested in. Must have worn out a lot of sandpaper .

Bruce

Well I love those Russian cheek bones, your understanding of anatomy is impeccable, of course and if you were to put the passionate expression into those hands I would think the carver was God. Thanks for being so inspiringly human! julesyD

Thank You all for so wonderful compliments, they inspire me so much!

Richard, I'm sorry, usually I draw a sketch for a piece what I have and try to use every millimeter, If I have a needless sawed out piece - it is a bad piece for carving, cracked or too thin, or looks as ring, nothing for work, refuse. :(

English is not my native language, sorry I didn't understand your question. Did You mean the process of design? I take a walrus tusk, look how it is well for my idea, sizes, quality, color. Then I draw the outline of the tusk on a paper, to draw sketch, usually it takes a week for all details. Then I mark all important points on the tusk and begin to carve.......

post-215-0-94119900-1366975731.jpg

Hey Natasha, I love what you can carve, its really amazing to see the 3 dimensional come to life.

In time you really have to do a book of your carvings from design sketchs to tools used for the process! I am am sure that you will set standards in this type of carving, just love your work!

Cheers,

Tom.

Thank You, Tom! I posted my tools and sketches of another carvings here, on this forum long ago. Search my posts and You'll find everything! :)

Bonjour Natasha,

Wow! Not only your carving is magnificent but first of all you (also) have impressive drawing skills.

I am not even started with carving but I know what talent is. Beautiful work, you are to be congratulated.

L8r,

Antoine