Freeforming Unknown Material

Kurt K

Have not done much recently, but closing in on the finishline with this abstract rendering of a freeform.

Material: unknown localy found rock.

Seize: 60 x 25 millimeter

Doublesided Pendant

Cocoon.jpg

freeform.jpg

Love the subdued colors in it.

Ohh yeah, I needed something for Valentine :)

Tiger Eye

Valentineproject.jpg

Soclosebutoutoftime.jpg

Thanks for looking, and any hints in regards to possible improvements are always welcome.Kurt

Ps.: Thanks for the new look Janel, the site looks fantastic!

Kurt,

The freeform one is really looking good and the material...well lucky you to find that kind of stuff where you are.

For the second one, I like the idea, but due to the poor quality of the finish piece picture cannot say much about it...but cool you post an ongoing procedure pictures....

Take care

Christophe

Thanks guys.

Christophe, will organice a better picture of the Tiger Eye when the sun finally comes back out. By then the freeform, should be finished too. So I suppose by the end of the week it should be ready.

As for finding this kind of stone: I keep looking since years; this is pretty much the first useable stone that actually allows itself to be polished up to jewlery standard.Got lucky a few months ago and now I dont know where I found it. LOL Hong Kong is a very poor place for polisheable material besides Granite and some single coloured boring Rhyiolite.

Hi Kurt,

I really like the free form the lines are nice and clean (I like that in a piece), trying to sand and polish the little spaces sends me nuts too so I am afraid I cannot add much there.

I find the blue tigereye more fibrous than the yellow stuff so the polish will always be marginal, that said, the stuff you have looks really solid. I love all your work.

David

Archived