Some More Exercise!

Michiel

Hello everyone!

I still working on my new workshop so i had not very much time to get to start some new things! I still exercising my basic skills an try to understand the diffrent materials.

So i tryed some horn, looking how thin i can get it. I don´t think you can wear it ;-)

post-3239-0-38334400-1338061470.jpg

I made a little present for a friend from a antler with horn

post-3239-0-90465600-1338061601.jpg

And a toki i called "under a full dark moon" i made for my mom - she deserved it!

post-3239-0-00421600-1338061696.jpg

And here a piece a make at the moment for a friend who loves SCIFI - i hope its going to look a little bit like an alien

post-3239-0-25641400-1338062017.jpg

Hope you like them.

the si-fi one looks like somehting klingon, the realy thin horn maybe you can use it as a inlay on a box or something. i realy like th eagle and the toki was planing on making some stuff with antler kinda leary about working with it though because i plan on turning it on the lathe and making pens. but now im thinking of making ear plugs out of it since they are selling well and i can make a ton of plugs out of one horn. so i can make more money doing a set of plugs then i could make doing pens. do you know if antler can cause skin allergies ?

Archived