Bumble Bee Jasper

michael B

My carving over the last few months has been limited due to my small business work load, I managed to cab some new material I have never used before, called bumble bee jasper, some consider quite toxic, arsenic, sulpher, but no one has hard evidence of this, awesome colored stone, all safety precautions taken, respirator, gloves, and plastic overalls, a lot of trouble but I think the results were worth it. this stone is from Indonesia, volcano vents.

Cheers michael B

post-2986-0-98905000-1340888602.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Michael! I've never seen a natural stone that yellow! Amazing color and beautiful cab. Did you know that yellow jasper used to be reserved for royalty, as it is so rare? I've been absent from this website for a few months, but have lots of new work. As soon as I take pictures I will post, one is your rhodochrosite. Hope you and yours are doing well and glad to hear that your business is doing so well.

Debbie K

Thanks Debbie, I was very pleased how well it polished, most of this material has holes and pits, this piece was solid, but now I have ways of filling these with either epoxy or a special super glue German made, it polishes as good as the stone, dries to around 5 hardness. hope to see some of your latest carvings soon.

Cheers michael B

Archived