First Carving From New Workshop

Billy

I finally have my new workshop up and running. Only have my bone set up for now, need to get a water feed in for stone carving in the next couple of weeks.

And here is my first carving from the new bench. It's a wheku-style upoko (head) pendant giving prominence to the Ngakaipikirau (forehead) section of ta moko (traditional Maori tattoo). I thought I'd start with antler to get the ball rolling. It's such a wonderful medium to carve. And holds detail very well.

Mauriora. Hope this finds you all well, Billy.

post-2181-0-44219800-1343645850.png

post-2181-0-44334900-1343645872.png

Great work Billy, as usual!

I realy like your design and your art is a real inspiration to me. I still work on the balance of deep contours and fine details whiche you master with such casualness. Most of the time i get carried away with the contours so there is to little space for the details left. :D But i started a new project and hope to get some "Billy-touch" to it! ;)

Thank you, Michiel

Hi Billy

Nice Shop you have there.A dust collector too I see.I hang my flex shaft alot higher than you so it hangs down and not bent.

Great carving.I like how the cord is attached from behind and the design follows the cord up.

Bruce

• 10 months later...

Hi Billy

Nice Shop you have there.A dust collector too I see.I hang my flex shaft alot higher than you so it hangs down and not bent.

Great carving.I like how the cord is attached from behind and the design follows the cord up.

Bruce

I too hung my flex higher see in my "about" page http://nikysenater.com/

Billy your work is superb, enjoy your new Shop!

Niky

Archived